Wednesday, December 20, 2006

The Rosary

Last month my wife and I started praying the Rosary together. We try to do it daily, however, that sometimes does not work out. We have made a commitment to pray all 20 mysteries every week though and so far my wife has kept her commitment while I have failed once.

I find praying the Rosary to be rewarding and something that has helped me with my struggle with personal prayer. I grew up in the Lutheran faith so praying the Rosary was not exactly promoted. In fact, I had the impression that it was wrong as it is a devotion to Mary and not Jesus, however, now those ideas have now changed. In reality praying the Rosary is very much more than a devotion to Mary. If it is done correctly you are walking with Jesus though his life and meditating on his life. It is a very different thing that what I thought it was growing up.

We have also joined the Confraternity of the Rosary. If you pray the Rosary regularly, I encourage you to check it out.

No comments: