Monday, September 01, 2008

Mass at Home

This week my family and I went to Mass at our home parish --the Church of the Holy Redeemer in Marshall, MN. It was nice being home again. It was apparent that some restoration work had been started on the masonry outside the church. Father said after Mass that the drills that they use on the bricks was like being in a dentist's chair. I can't imagine having to listen to that all day.

Mass this morning was wonderful. Contributing to its wonderfulness was the fact that we said the Confiteor today. I know that I tend to mention this form of the penitential rite (or lack of it) a lot in my posts, but it's something that is important to me...it's a personal thing. The other part of Mass that was wonderful was that the organ was used. There is just something about our big church that screams, "Play the organ at Mass", and it was most excellent to hear it being used this week. The organist did an excellent job. This is way better than drums and guitars in my opinion.

1 comment:

Sweet Mary Beth said...

Yes, a dentist's drill for 8 straight hours. . . what a wonderful sound. . .

On the other hand, may the good Lord bless all those who have contributed to the restoration project to enable the masonry work to proceed.