Monday, June 04, 2018

It has been a while...

It has been 4 years since I last wrote on my blog.  I started this blog after joining the Catholic church.  I was full of excitement and eager to learn about being Catholic.  Over time that initial excitement faded and about the time of Pope Benedict's resignation I lost my desire to write about my journey.  I have several draft posts where I planned to share my thoughts and feelings about the 2 Popes, but they remain unfinished and will probably stay that way.

I am not going to lie, Pope Benedict's resignation and Pope Francis' election left me in a disillusioned state.  I am happy to report that, unlike past times, I did not run away from my faith when things that I did not like happened..  I continued to go to Mass, receive the Sacraments, and to pray.  These things, in my opinion, are key to getting through the rough spots in life.

We have some changes coming to our parish that I think are going to be very good.  Like all change there will be tough moments, however, the potential good that may come is enough to restore a bit of that initial excitement that I once had.  I also have a new project that I will be starting soon having to do with  Saint Aloysius Gonzaga.  It will be a huge challenge for me, but I am going to give it my best shot.   More on that in another post...

Dave

No comments: