Friday, September 12, 2008

Faithful Citizenship


I am a firm believer that deep down inside all of know which things are truly wrong, immoral or downright evil. God has permanently inscribed this knowledge on our soul. We might try to cover this knowledge up or pretend not to listen to it but it's there.

When it comes to this year's election my prayer is twofold. I pray that the citizens of the United States will take a moment to listen to their soul and vote accordingly. It is also my prayer that our elected officials will listen to their souls and craft and execute laws accordingly.

To that end, I want to direct everyone to a website produced by the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops called Faithful Citizenship. At this site you will find the Novena for Faithful Citizenship. There are options for when to pray this. I intend to start this Novena on October 26 and pray this each day until the election.

I hope that people who read this will join me. Please feel free to post a comment if you are going to pray along.

No comments: