Friday, September 19, 2008

More on the Bishop's Ordination

My post on Bishop LeVoir's ordination has been picked up over at Father Z's blog and there has been some comments posted there most of which have been rather critical. One comment however is from Ann P, who I am going to go out on a limb and guess is the person who planned much of the liturgy for Bishop LeVoir's ordination. Here are her comments:

There were five crosses in front of the altar in addition to the 2 on either side of the altar. Some of the other Bishops in attendance were Bishop Kinney, Bishop Cupich, Bishop Harrington, Bishop Aquila.
The Abbot from St. John’s University, Collegeville was also in attendance.
I suspect the reason why the Blood of Christ was recieved by many of the people was because Jesus told us to eat and drink. Having the ecumenical leaders present was a reminder that we as Catholics share in a common baptism and that we all are called to mission in the world regardless of our ecclesial community and our differences in theology.

Comment by Ann P. — 19 September 2008 @ 11:03 am\

She corrects me on the number of crosses. I was in the back and did not see them.

She also responds about my comment on receiving under both kinds, which by the way, I mentioned because I was surprised not because I have a problem with it. It made for a lot more work I am sure.

She also explains why the non-catholic ministers were there. I was more interested in which communities they were from though.

Finally, she shares the names of more bishops who were in attendance. That I was very interested to hear.

Thank you Ann P.

No comments: