Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Jesus said there would be days like these...

Today in my mailbox was an anonymous letter, well, it wasn't really a letter. It was more like a printed copy of someone's website. So not only did the person who sent it to me not sign his or her name, but they did not even use their own words to express themselves. It was chock full of the typical ignorant, anti-Catholic silliness. I have actually been to this web site before when I was in the process of converting to Catholicism and was pretty much not impressed with their scholarship. They quote only the parts of scripture that seem to make their point. Anyone can quote parts of scripture and use it to prove their point. Many times you can open up your Bible and read the words around what was quoted and a whole different meaning comes to light. That is exactly why Jesus gave us the Church, to help us understand the true meaning of the scripture so that we can keep it in context.

I have to admit that I am a little curious as to who sent it to me. It came from Marshall. Did they think that I would switch sides and become born again? Did they think I would become offended and spout vile words at them? Nah! I have more important things to do with my time.

I will say this though. To whomever sent me this: I love you. If you want to talk with me about why I am Catholic I will be more than happy to discuss it with you. Bring your own word though, because what I will not do, is debate this tired old nonsense that you have sent me. Go to Catholic Answers for that information. They have it all covered.

No comments: