Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Adroation and Benediction


Today my parish had Adoration from 8 in the morning until 8 at night. I was able to attend again. I have not been able to go to adoration since Lent. I spent 40 minutes in adoration today and despite the heat in the church, it did help with the downcast mood that I have been in lately.


There were a handful of people there. Curiously, everyone sat in the back pews almost as far away from the altar as they would get. Since there was also going to be benediction tonight I sat in the back too. I did this because this is my very first time at benediction and I was not sure what to do. My line of thinking was to sit in the back so that I could watch the people in front of me. Wrong! Everyone sat behind me.


Like I said, adoration was good for me today. I had a long list of family members and friends to pray for, and Fr. Todd, if you still stop by here every once in a while, I did remember to pray for our seminarians. After I was done praying, I just sat quietly, and tried to listen to God. Does anyone else try to listen when they pray? There is something very peaceful about silence.


Adoration ended with benediction led by Fr. Keith. It was a pretty neat experience. Currently our parish does adoration every Tuesday. I am going to try to attend regularly. It's good for the soul.


No comments: